2009年5月12日火曜日

really tired.

I am really tired today. I went to bed at 2am last night and woke up 7:30 in the morning. I need at least 8 hours sleep, but I have not managed to get that much for a while. In fact, I think sleeping is a waste of time. If my body does not need one, I really don't want to sleep. Yet, that is not true. I try to sleep at least 6 hours for my healthy mind and brain.

I just realized that going to Australian Economic Institutions class is waste of time. It's great that he provides us the topic notes which has everything what he is going to say in the lecture and tutorial. Yet, the existance of that makes us feel reluctant to go to his classes. What he is going to say in his classes are already written in the notes. Why am I supposed to go to the classes for something that I already know? Funny thing is that he says exact the same thing as the notes. Actually, I personaly think I can read his notes by myself and not going to the classes, and then still get the high marks on this. But I guess going to the classes increase the other abilities such as listening skills or strengthening my concentrations...and such.

Lately I realized that going to university is not just about learning the content of subjects. In fact, the act of learning is very important. Trying to read, trying to find something relevent from the irrelvent, presentation skills, listening skills. They all matter.

Many of people complains that whatever you learn from universities are not useful when you start working. I think they are wrong. Whatever you learn from an university, you can use it only if you think you can use them. You must realize that the conduct of learning is very precious even if you start working. If you cannot learn, how do you learn how to work.

0 件のコメント: