2008年5月29日木曜日

i need to be articulative.

many of my friends say my english is good. that implies my english is not perfect. who would say your english is good to the native speakers ?

--- maybe my english is good enough for daily conversation and university level work. But what about in the real business world ? Am I articulative enough ? No.

--- being articulative in English. That is my aim now. It's not easy. In fact, many of people are not articulative even in their mother tongue. That's something you need to train. Once you get it, that is a skill.

anyways, that's what I was thinking about after I talked to some investment bankers.



----

Why do you want to work at the investment bank ?

--High salary...perhaps this is the first reason why I want to work at the i-bank.

--Cool. Being an i-banker is cool, i assume. but this is an inductively weak opinion i must say. so X.

--I am interested in financial sector of the business. Money is the fundamental of the economy, and I would like to work in a place where I deal with it. -->no. you can work anywhere if you want to deal with money. even at the gas station. so no. inductively weak.

-->im interested in financial sector...because i am interested in how the economy works... ? --no doesn't make any sense.

-->I'm in


---- i actually cannot think of why i want to work in the i-bank

maybe i just want high salary. i want to travel all over the place, (but possible in other job), i am interested in finance (why ? ->I am impressed by those dynamics of shares, stocks, bonds, derivatives... -->Right, but it's weak I must say.

Why do you like stocks ? bonds ? Dynamics of finance ???? Why ? ???

I cannot think of it now, and i think it's a critical issue if you cannot answer why you are intesreted in shares, stocks... basically you are intereted in a flow of money....


so that ends up being "I am just interested in money". which is not convincing. anybody is interested in money.



I've got to think about this.




-------


I think COca cola is unhealthy, because it contains a lot of suger (40g per 350ml can) and it might cause diabetes. Thefore, it's unhealthy. (don't worry about the spelling mistakes)


-------

I think eating chips are not as unhealthy as eating chocolates...

because chips are at least potatos...it's natural... wait. chocolates are natural as well. it's made of cocoa... so my argument doesn't make any sense.

Eating chips is not unhealthy as eating chocolates...because chips does not contain as many sugar as that of chocolates...

-wait. so do you assume that all the chips do not contain any sugar ?
-wait. so you assume that all the chocolates in the world contain a lot of sugar?
-Wait. what about the quantities. Eating 1kg of chips and 1g of chocolates. in terms of sugar, i don't know, but do you assume that "sugar" is the only factor you concern ? Is that your argument ?

---

I think Macbook suchs. because i cannot play any window's video game. -->Not inductively strong. you can actually play windows game if you install windows via bootcamps. so i should've said...

macbook sucks because i cannot play Call of Duty 4. (it requires higher specs than mac.) wait, does that mean you imply that all the computer which cannot play call of duty 4 sucks ??????

--> Not necessarily. my argument was, again weak. not all the computer sucks even though they don't play call of duty 4.

what could've said was...

Macbook has a bad point, because it cannot play high spec video game such as Call of Duty 4.

-->I cannot merely say "macbook is sucks just because it doesn't play Call of Duty 4" . in fact, i appreciate macbook a lot. without this, i canno check e-mail, writing this, doing my work, a lot of things.".

------

well, i am going to study now.

0 件のコメント: